Sunday, June 24, 2007

I did it!!!!

I got myself a kitten yesterday; a lovely little black fellow about 2 months old, with a tiny patch of white near his naughty bits.



It has now been nearly 24 hours since I brought him home. He seems to be adjusting very well, is a very affectionate little thing and has the same habit Rocky the squirrel did of running up my legs. (Squirrel claws aren't nearly as pointy.)

I have no name for him yet. The naming of cats is a very difficult thing. All the names you had thought of before you got the cat are very obviously not that cat's name. You have to observe, test names out for response, and hopefully arrive at one the cat wants to answer to. There was a bit of a false alarm yesterday with 'Cakes': he did respond for about 15 minutes, but then ignored the name.


I have to be careful: I have been using the words pumpkin, puss, silly boy and ouch around him a lot. I need a real name before he starts answering to one of those.

No comments: