Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Angel biscuits


For years I have been intrigued by a recipe from Finland called Angel Biscuits. A mix between baking powder biscuits and yeast rolls, the recipe looked interesting and the name was irresistable.

I put it off for some time because I am just one person, and if I do make things like those biscuits, I often end up throwing half of them out, because I cannot eat them all before they are stale. (Note to self: write a recipe collection for singles who believe in real food.) Then I found an Angel Biscuits recipe that says it can remain in covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.

I made them Sunday, and have had biscuits with dinner for the past two days. The Angel Biscuits did not disappoint: they were the combination of flaky and tender that I expected.



No comments: